Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On our possible tornadoe day, this is the view I had driving home!!Harley enjoying his birthday cake


Its almost all gone!


Harley Birthday shirt




Isn't this cute?! He crawled in the backseat of my car and fell asleep on our way to Knoxville!



He caught me taking a picture of him!!

So I finally got around to posting pictures of Harley and our Knoxville weekend!! :) Isn't he just the cutest dog ever?!!!
Today is hump day!!! YAY!!
So good news!! The storm last week was not as bad as they predicted it was going to be! It hit early too! I was working out during lunch and it came a flood.. HARD! I think we might of got some hail during that time as well but not sure as I was in the gym. The second line of it held off and came through that evening around 7. The picture is of what came through during lunch. I thought it was a pretty cool pic!
We had a good weekend last weekend. Nothing too exciting. I had training all day on Friday, which turned out to be nice since I got off at 3!! I was home so early I was able to take Harley to a local dog park to run around..which is his FAVORITE thing to do!! That night Wal-Mart was holding a special pharmacy night at the grizzlies game. So Kyle and a friend went. From what I hear it was pretty cool! They had club level tickets, free dinner, and got to go on court and shoot around after the game. He really seemed to enjoy it!!! Saturday as a working day for Kyle. After he got off, it was such a pretty day that we decided to go shopping at the outside mall in Collierville. I got a new pair of shoes and an Easter dress!! So it was a VERY good trip!! :) Sunday was a typical Sunday for us.
This week has been good for us so far. This weekend is Easter so we are heading to Shelbyville Friday night as it is our year with Kyle's family. I am in DESPERATE need of a relaxing trip away from home so am hoping I will get it this weekend.
The hospital is keep Kyle busy. He seems to really be enjoying it. I think he would enjoy it even more if he was doing something other than nutritional support. He does not like it because it deals with electrolytes instead of medicines. He had a 73 year old woman today that had lit a cigarette while wearing her breathing mask. It ended up exploding, giving her 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over her body. Yesterday he had a 16 year old girl who had been in a car accident. She was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle and had a breathing tube and was sedated. She was the first "white" patient that he has had. He is doing well. It is hard to believe that next year at this time we could be preparing to move!! Time sure does seem to fly!! Of course it all depends on where Kyle does his residency.
It has been a pretty good work week for me. Pay day is Tuesday so I am busy with payroll and of course purchasing. FEDEX cut 1000 jobs last Friday 500 of which were Memphis employees. Business for us continues to decline slightly but nothing too terrible. NCUA bailing out those 2 Corporate Credit Unions hurt us more than anything. It is hard to explain, but in order to be a certified credit union you have to pay something like dues each year (which is based on your total profit from the previous year). Well NCUA said that all credit unions had to assist in bailing these two CU's out. By this we had to pay a certain percentage of our 2006 profit so our payout totaled approx. $2 million. Obviously, this has made things tight for us. We are trying all different kinds of things to cut costs. It amazes me though... I get people complaining because I do not order Dum Dum lollipops and order "regular" ones. But guess which is cheaper! The regular lollipops. You would think people would be greatful they have a job and focused on making themselves more valuable to the CU instead of worrying about lollipops. I order the cheapest that I can find on everything... people know that. Oh well! I look at it as people have got to find a reason to complain about something!!
Have a wonderful Easter!! :)