Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Been Awhile!!

Good Morning!! So it has been awhile since I last posted.. sorry!! Things have been crazy busy at work, which is where I update these from.
First of all, our Knoxville trip a couple of weeks ago. It went real well!! Kyle, me and Harley left early Friday morning and got to the Knox airport right as Dad was getting off of work. Dad took us around and we got to see where he works and meet some of the people that work for him. We know how much Dad likes his new job, so it made it wonderful to be able to see where he works! He has a window in his office that overlooks the runway, I think if that were my office I wouldn't get anything done b-c I would be too busy looking out of the window at the planes! Kyle and Dad went on to play golf while Harley and I went home to see Marty, Kiersten, and Mom.
We ended up going to dinner that night and then to Michaels to plan out wedding stuff. We were even able to get some wedding stuff!
Bright and early Saturday morning Mom, K, Marty and I all got up and went out to the wedding site! Oh my!! The view is absolutely AMAZING!!!! And in October, when the leaves are changing it will be even more beautiful!! It might be kinda chilly but it will be worth it. We spent some time planning out decor at the site with a nice lady from Mom and Dad's church who has offered to handle that and then it was off to David's Bridal. It was fun to see Martha trying on different gowns. She looked beautiful in them all. I won't give away details of the dress, but all I will say is it was the very first one that she tried on!! :) We came back home and waited for the guys to get back from golfing and then it was time for Dad to hit the grill!! We had a wonderful dinner filled with Brats, hamburgers, baked beans and Harley Birthday cake!!! After our meals at the table we always end up sitting around the table talking, which so reminds me of when we were growing up!
Harley, Jacques and Smokey enjoy Harley's birthday cake. And Harley's birthday boy t-shirt looked so cute on him!! I forgot my camera at home but took pics with my IPhone so as soon as I figure out how to move them from there to my computer I will post them!!
Sunday was a good Lords day worshipping with Mom and Dad. Unfortunately, shortly after it was time to go home. :(
Last week was pretty good. Harley got sick again so off to the vet we went. She said that she believes that he has an extremely sensitive stomach and anything that he is not used to having could make him sick. We have him on a special diet and meds until we find food that he can tolerate. Which will hopefully be soon! I have stains all over my carpet and am ready to get them steam cleaned!!
Nothing too exciting this past weekend. We had a date night Friday night and then Saturday after Kyle went off work we went to the Germantown Rec Center where I got to swim laps :) while Kyle and Andy played Raquetball!! It felt absolutely amazing to swim laps!! Swimming does the same thing for me as running does for so many people!! I seriously solve the worlds problems in the pool!! I told Kyle that someday when he is a pharmacist and we build our own house I want an INSIDE lap pool!! After we cleaned up, we went to Andy's for steaks and to look at him and his wife's vacation pics. Sunday was a typical sunady for us, church, eat, watch golf and do laundry, church again.
Tomorrow is Kyle's first day of rotations at The Med, which is our government funded hospital. He will be doing nutritional support in the trauma unit. He will have some interesting stories I am sure!! Am sad he starts back, cause that means no more house husband for me :(